The Nexus Law Group is delivering a strong growth pathway and is seeking an experienced partner level lawyer to not only build the national Property practice but also lead the business practice group across the firm.
Working closely with Nexus’ National Practice Director – Construction & Infrastructure, this candidate will be instrumental in delivering leadership, technical expertise and growth, with a focus on complex property transactions across various sectors.
Commercial and residential property development and project structuring
- Planning and environment dispute resolution and litigation
- Environmental compliance matters
- Planning and Environmental due diligence
- Development consent and planning proposals advice
- Covenants and easements advice
- Planning Agreements advice
- Delivering advice on access to neighbouring land (airspace and rock anchor deeds, contaminated land issues)
- Compulsory Acquisition advice
- Strata title schemes and community title scheme transactions and matters advising on regulatory requirements, by-laws, management statements.
You will be either be a Partner level, keen to take on more of a leadership role in a boutique environment or an experienced Special Counsel.
You will play a pivotal role in growing the commercial practice of the firm and delivering operational excellence, strategic client management and retention, and business development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in property law as well as commercial law, including advising on major residential and commercial property projects.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in the provision of legal advice on complex legal issues, preferably in the areas of town planning and development, general litigation, intellectual property law, insurance claims and local laws.
- Proven ability to work effectively both as a team leader and team member.
- Experience leading and supervising a small team and mentoring progressive junior lawyers.
You will either be located in Sydney but the position may require some interstate travel. Applicants from Melbourne or Brisbane will also be considered.
For a confidential discussion about the position, please contact Legal Projects Director San Shim on 02 9016 0141 / firstname.lastname@example.org or to apply.
For more information about the Nexus Law Group, visit our Join Us page