What we do
Our lawyers have worked in local government so have a unique understanding of this aspect of the law and are ideally placed to advice both private individuals, companies and government agencies.
Nexus lawyers specialise in the area of government and administrative law including:
- Liaising with government on behalf of private Clients
- Advising government departments and Local Councils, including training and workshops
- Drafting and interpreting planning instruments and policies
- Preparation of Infrastructure Contributions, Planning Agreements and Value Capture, and works-in-kind agreements
- Government Information Legislation
- Privacy and Personal Information Protection Legislation
- Code of Conduct and probity,
- Native Title
- Advice regarding acquisition of land
Find out more
How we do it
We help Clients realise their planning & development objectives.
We are Environmental Planning Law and litigation specialists, who regularly appear in the Land and Environment Court and other jurisdictions, so we are able to advise our Clients how to best achieve their desired outcomes. By making sure we understand our Clients individual needs, we deliver outcome-focussed advice that reflects how our Clients want to approach a matter.
We pride ourselves on being reachable, and quick to deliver advice that is readily understandable and easy to act on. The Nexus model means that we are able to agree billing structures that suit Clients, and that do not require constant renegotiation.